On March 31, 2021, the Stonewall board approved the summer season return of sand volleyball. Following health and safety guidelines, the season will take place on Sundays at Highland Park beginning July 11.
It’s planned that games will occur between 11am and 4pm depending on final league size.
League members are encouraged to save the date of Sunday, June 27 for a “welcome back” community event which is still in the planning stages. It will likely include the opportunity to work on or refresh your volleyball skills.
Online registration is required for all participants at stonewallpittsburgh.leagueapps.com. The registration cost is $35 online registration, plus processing fees. Registration will open at 12pm NOON on May 15, 2021.
- Team captains will be required to attend a special health and safety orientation.
- Team size has been reduced to 8-12 players.
- Free agents will register for free and only pay after being paired with a team. It is encouraged they utilize the LeagueApps platform or our Facebook group to connect with teams looking for players. Stonewall leadership will not place free agents onto teams.
- Players for the summer season can expect to see a COVID-19 health and safety waiver and a non-discrimination waiver at the time of registration.
Important Dates: Summer 2021
- May 15 • Online Registration
- June 27 • Welcome Back Event, including Skills Clinic (tentatively planned)
- July 11 to Aug 15 • Week 1 – 6
- August 22 • End of Season Tournament