The annual winter dodgeball league for Stonewall Sports Pittsburgh will be hosted on Sundays beginning January 8, 2023. Registration will open to all participants on Friday, November 4th at 12 p.m.. A Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) pre-registration period for underrepresented groups (POC, trans/non-binary, people with disabilities, and other marginalized groups) will take place one day early starting November 3 at noon. Registration will close to all players on November 13 and any player not paid in full by that time will be considered ineligible thereby forfeiting their spot in the league.
Dodgeball Commissioner Nikki Nastasi anticipates being able to formally announce the Thelma Lovette YMCA as the host facility for all dodgeball league play, but the contract is not yet finalized on the date of this registration announcement.
Interested players are encouraged to save the following dates as tentative.
- November 3 at 12pm – DEI Registration Opens
- November 4 at 12pm – Registration For All
- November 13 at 11;59pm – Registration Closes (unless capacity reached sooner)
- Date TBD – Captains Meeting
- Date TBD – Kickoff & T-Shirt Party
- January 8 – Opening Day
- January 15 – Dodgeball Special Event
- January 22 through March 12 – Weekly Play
- March 19 – St. Patrick’s Day Weekend
- March 26 – Playoff Tournament (Or Weather Make-up Day)
- April 2 – Reserved For Playoff Alternative Date
Play It Forward Campaign
Prospective participants are welcome to take advantage of the Play-It Forward Fund to apply for a reduction of registration fees. The fund supports our Stonewall community by offsetting registration costs with the belief that financial access should not be a barrier to participation in our leagues or programs. Dodgeball participants can apply for these funds until November 3 at 11:59pm. All registrants will be asked to consider donating $5 into the fund to support future applicants.