The next summer bowling league session kicks off on Tuesdays beginning September 19, 2023 at Bowlero Pittsburgh. Registration will open to all participants on Tuesday, August 15th at 7 p.m.. Team Captains receive early registration access starting at 12pm noon. All registration takes place online via the LeagueApps portal.
A Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) pre-registration period for underrepresented groups (POC, trans/non-binary, people with disabilities, and other marginalized groups) will take place one day early starting August 14. DEI Captains are asked to wait for captain early access.
Registration will close to all players on August 21 and any player not paid in full by that time will be considered ineligible thereby forfeiting their spot in the league.
Team Captains will have a special registration window of 12pm to 7pm on August 15 as an opportunity to initially establish the team. After 7pm, team players and free agents will be able to register and be recruited by the team captains. Captains are wholly responsible for accepting incoming player requests or recruiting from the free agent list to add to their team roster.
What if the captain is unavailable on registration day?
Allow a fellow team members to register as captain and perform registration day responsibilities. To re-assign the role of captain to a different rostered member, email email@example.com to have the roles updated.
This season is limited to 26 teams with 6 players maximum. A team is considered complete when a captain and a minimum of two (2) team members have paid in full. Once the 26th team has completed this step, all incomplete team captains and players will be defaulted back to the free agent list.
Interested players are encouraged to save the following dates:
- August 13 – Play It Forward Application Deadline
- August 14 at 12pm to 12am – DEI Registration Opens, for minority LGBTQ+ subgroups
- August 15 starting at 12pm – Captains-Only Registration (new and returning)
- August 15 starting at 7pm – Registration For All
- August 21 at 11:59pm – Registration Closes (unless capacity reached sooner)
- September 12 – Tentative Captains Meeting, T-Shirt Party & Happy Hour
- September 19 – Welcome Week *Mandatory For New Bowlers*
- September 26 to November 21 – Weekly Play
- October 31 – Special Halloween Night
- November 28 – End of Season Tournament
Play It Forward Campaign
Prospective participants are welcome to take advantage of the Play-It Forward Fund to apply for a reduction of registration fees. The fund supports our Stonewall community by offsetting registration costs with the belief that financial access should not be a barrier to participation in our leagues or programs. Bowling participants can apply for these funds until August 13 at 11:59pm. All registrants will be asked to consider donating $5 into the fund to support future applicants.