July 2, 2020 Update: Registration currently postponed as local COVID-19 cases have increased and further guidelines in Allegheny County have been implemented to flatten the curve.
The summer 2020 season won’t be a traditional Stonewall Sand Volleyball season, but we are having one! Following health and safety guidelines, the season will be shortened to run from July 12 through August 23 on Sundays from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Online registration is required for all participants at stonewallpittsburgh.leagueapps.com. Because of the shortened season and other factors, the registration cost has been lowered from $40+fees to $30+fees.
As we look to invite our community to register for these programs, a few registration changes will also be implemented for these special return-to-play seasons.
- Team captains will be required to attend a special health and safety orientation conducted virtually on Friday, July 10th or Friday, July 17th at 6:30 p.m. via Google Meet or Zoom (invitation to be sent following registration).
- Free agents will register for free and only pay after being paired with a team. It is encouraged they utilize the LeagueApps platform or our Facebook group to connect with teams looking for players. Stonewall leadership will not place free agents onto teams.
- Players for the summer season can expect to see a new COVID-19 health and safety waiver and an updated non-discrimination waiver at the time of registration.
- Teams can have a total of 12 players, however only 8 are permitted to be present at the courts each week.
Summer 2020 Leadership Board
We are so excited to announce your 2020 Leadership Board. These individuals will be working hard to make this season a great one. Please join me in welcoming returning members, as well as newly appointed individuals.
- Chris Cordero – Commissioner
- Billy Renzelman – Assistant Director
- Adam Beers – Community Outreach & Social Media Coordinator
- Laura Cook – Player Advocate
- Megan Ruddock – Head Referee
- Anthony Miranda – Assistant Head Referee & Field Manager
Important Dates: Summer 2020
- July 2nd through July 8th • online registration (registration to open at 6 p.m.)
July 10th & July 17th at 6:30 p.m. • captain’s meeting
- *Mandatory representation per team*
- July 12 • skills clinic (representation at the July 10th captain’s meeting & clinic registration required to participate).
- July 19 through August 16 • Weeks 1 to 5
- August 23 • end-of-season tournament (top 10 teams only)