For Stonewall Alliance and Stonewall Sports Pittsburgh, hosting a league is more than just gathering a group of people for a recreational activity. The league also wants to ensure thoughtful and responsible health and safety standards are in place. This guide provides detailed actions taken by Stonewall Sports Pittsburgh to create a safe environment for league play.
- Teams will be considered “full” at 12 players.
- Teams can choose to “max” out at 8 players and take no additional free agents, if they choose.
- Free Agents
- Free agents will not be placed on teams by leadership board members.
- It will be the free agent’s responsibility to find a team to play on this season. Payment will not be required until a team spot is secured.
- Game Times
- Games will adhere to a strict start & end time to prevent game overlaps.
- A minimum of 4 players present each week required to play.
- Players out-of-play are encouraged to adhere to the six-foot social distancing with anyone outside of their team.
- No substitutions from other teams to avoid contact exposure.
- Rotation substitution will be used, but the players will be split up evenly on both sides of the court to also help maintain distance between players.
- Between Sets
- Teams will be asked to switch sides of the court by walking around the net on opposite sides, not under the net to avoid close contact with other teams.
- Players are encouraged to bring their own water/water bottles, as water dispensers will not be present to avoid the spread of germs.
- Latex gloves will be permitted for this season. Any performance-improvement or athletic gloves will not be permitted, as these do not prevent the spread of germs.
- We encourage/recommend mask usage for all off-court (not-actively playing) interactions with others, particularly when within the CDC recommended 6-foot distance.
- Depending on when the season starts/shirts are ordered, shirts may not be required at the start of this season (the first few games will not be delayed because the shirts are not in).
- Players for upcoming games will be encouraged to remain outside the fenced-in area until the current games have ended, and teams have vacated the field.
- Players for games that have just ended are asked to leave immediately after their game ends.
- Bystanders and spectators are not encouraged.
Health & Safety Accommodations
Stonewall Sand Volleyball Pittsburgh will adhere to CDC, PA State DOH and Allegheny County health and safety guidelines. The program reserves the right to adapt the policies below at any time to align with those federal, State and local health authorities.Any changes will be communicated with registered participants and updated on this official page.
Last updated 3/31/2021
- Sanitizing stations will be present at the Highland Park courts
- Players will be asked to sanitize before/after each game
- Game balls will be wiped down/sanitized before each game
- Any ball substitutions must be approved by referee and only after it has been thoroughly sanitized
- Captains’ survey sent out weekly before games to attest that no player is showing COVID-19 symptoms
- All players who are sick or not feeling well are required to stay home.
- If symptoms appear while at the court, the leadership board retains the right to ask the player to leave and encourage them to seek medical care.
- Players are to stay at home if they have tested positive for COVID-19 or are waiting on test results, are showing COVID-19 symptoms, or have had a close contact (within 6 feet for 15 minutes or more over 24 hr period) with a person who has tested positive for or who has symptoms of COVID-19
- High fives and handshakes between teammates and opposing teams are discouraged. Players are encouraged to show an alternative display of comradery or celebration
- No spitting on or off the courts.
- Players will be given one warning and asked to leave immediately after any additional violations